About Community Tracker
What is Community Tracker?
Community Tracker helps us keep track of the current community activity around Media Browser.
We use it to keep track of all the bugs and feature requests that the community have raised. We also use it to answer any questions you have. Unlike traditional forums, there are many social aspect to Community Tracker. You can vote on all questions and answers, you can wish for a bug to be fixed or a feature be built. As the community gains its trust in you, you will be given more of a say.
What is a wish and why do I care?
A wish, is your way of telling us, you really want a bug fixed or a feature built.
New accounts are granted a single wish, as you gain reputation you will be granted more wishes.
- 15 reputation: 2 wishes
- 100 reputation: 3 wishes
- 250 reputation: 4 wishes
- 500 reputation: 5 wishes
- 2000 reputation: 6 wishes
To make a wish, find a bug or feature you want fixed and click the star icon. If you change your mind you can always take back your wish.
Don't know what to wish for? No problems, there is a big list of popular items for you to look through.
That sounds great! How do I gain reputation?
There are 3 ways to gain reputation:
- As you earn badges you will gain a reputation bonus of 15 points for each badge you recieve
- Post insightful comments, that get upvoted, each upvote is worth 10 points
- Improve existing content, click the improve button to fix typos or expands questions and answers. If your improvement is apporved you will gain reputation, the amount you gain will depend on the edit.
How do I earn badges
There are 7 types of badges in the system, you can recieve these badges multiple times, each time you get one you will get a 15 point reputation bonus.
- Resolver - Submitted an answer that got accepted
- Bug Slayer - Resolved a bug (developers only)
- Dream Maker - Completed a feature request (developers only)
- Reporter - Submitted a bug that got fixed
- Innovator - Submitted a feature request that got completed
- Designer - Design was accepted for a feature
- Detective - Step to reproduce a bug were accepted
How can I help getting bugs fixed?
If a bug contains no steps to reproduce, we need your help. Give us clear steps on how to reproduce it in the "steps to reproduce" section. If someone else already has, vote it up if you agree. If your steps to reproduce a bug are accepted you will gain reputation and a badge.