SQL CommandText lost in ToJson() / FromJson()

MiniProfiler.ToJson() will serialize the SqlTime.FormattedCommandString (which only has a getter) and not CommandString (which is tagged with [ScriptIgnore])

This means that if you do the following:

var profiler2 = MiniProfiler.FromJson(MiniProfiler.ToJson(profiler));

Any SQL command text is lost.

I wasn’t actually running that code, but it was a concise way to report and test the problem. What I was really doing is having my webpage call a service that ran SQL and trying to merge the timings together (similar to how the WCF code in MiniProfiler works).

It is also painful if you stab yourself…but why would you do that? :slight_smile:

Seriously, though. Why do you need to do that?

@joe see http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10507582/why-is-mini-profiler-only-showing-executestorecommands-for-the-sql-text for context, I asked for this to be sent here

@sam that’s cool. I was really just interested as to why he would need to do something like that :slight_smile:

@joe I wasn’t actually running that code, but it was a concise way to report and test the problem. What I was really doing is having my webpage call a service that ran SQL and trying to merge the timings together (similar to how the WCF code in MiniProfiler works).