Profiler not appearing on Rails 3.2

I’m trying to get rack-mini-profiler working in my project. I’m using:

• Ruby 2.0.0-p451
  • Rails 3.2.17
  • Pow 0.4.1, running locally for development
  • rack-mini-profiler 0.9.2

In my Gemfile, the rack-mini-profiler line is far down in the Gemfile. pg is high up, before rack-mini-profiler. I ran bundle install after modifying my Gemfile, and I see rack-mini-profiler listed in bundle list.

The mini profiler shows that it is working in some regards…

• I can access the various “?pp=” URLs
  • I see files being created in tmp/miniprofiler
  • the flamegraph feature works

But I don’t see tools or GUI elements anywhere on any of my pages. I’m seeing no timing stats on my pages. I have read on various Q/A sites about JavaScript calls, divs that should be inserted, and keyboard shortcuts, but none of that is documented in the readme, so I’m not sure what to look for.

I’ve also tried loading the profiler with “manual initialization” as described in the readme, and I’ve also tried setting various settings. I do not see any errors in my pow logs or my development.log.

I’m not sure why it’s not working, or where it’s breaking. I’m not really even sure what I’m looking for because the readme assumes installation just works and doesn’t really describe how the tool appears on a website. Is it something in my templates preventing it from loading? Am I supposed to be visiting the GUI on a different port?

Thanks for your help. This looks like a great gem, I wish I could get it working.

-Ben